Posted by Jess
August 16 2010

Today was my first day of work.  And also the first time taking the subway during rush hour.  It was packed beyond belief.  No fun at all.  Luckily it's a short ride.  And today was just as hot if not hotter than yesterday.  Even once I got into the A/C at the office it took until about noon to cool down.  It's 8pm now, sun's gone down and still 90 degrees with a heat index of 99.  Ugh.   Jason made me breakfast and took a pic of my "first day of school".


Work went well for the first day.  The office doesn't have any cube walls by US standards - very open - so it will be odd to make phone calls there.  I haven't worked in a bullpen type atmosphere in a while!  The day went well except for some confusion on where to meet my boss for the walk to the office - I misunderstood his email and got off at the wrong station!  After that, everything else seemed easy about the day.

Jason and Abby dropped Ella off at school, went the grocery store to get tonight's dinner ingredients and then headed home.  Abby was apparently pretty comfortable in her ride.


Ella had her first day of vacation bible school today and loved it.  She was telling me tonight about how they made ships in a bottle (the theme of the week is Expedition on the High Seas) and they sang and danced.  Jason said she's been full of energy all day so I think she's pretty excited to go back again tomorrow.  

Jason made these great rice omelets with green peppers, shitake mushrooms and onions for dinner.  And brownies for dessert :)




I am beat tonight that's for sure and I'm sure Jay is too.  The first day was exhausting! 

Kanpai!
Jess

Comments (3)

On August 16, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Unknown said...

It may be hot in FL, but I haven't seen a bug like that in a while. Nice choice on the iphone... especially for the Twins games. Is the rice omelet a traditional Japanese dish?

 
On August 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM , If Love Was Water, I'd Give You The Sea said...

Glad that you all had a great first day (work, bible school)! Don't know how you do it with that heat, lots and lots of water!!! Hope day 2 goes just as well for everyone!!!

 
On August 16, 2010 at 4:33 PM , jjwoehrle said...

The rice omelet is out of a homestyle japanese cookbook i got from my sister Kari. Te only thing I changed from the recipe is that I added the green pepper. It would be really good with some meat in it too!