Posted by Duke 
9 August 2010

Well, it’s officially been a week since I came to stay with my cousin Dakota and Aunt Kelly.  So far, I must say, it’s not too bad.   

While Aunt Kelly is gone, my typical day consists of lounging in the big blue chair.  I do wish I could turn the TV on…I miss watching Animal Planet with Ella.  I think that I am sneaky about the chair though, I don’t think Aunt Kelly has even noticed that I sleep there as I jump down as soon as I hear her pull into the driveway.   

Aunt Kelly bought me my own bowl and I can eat while Dakota eats too.  This is great because it means less time of feeling Dakota’s eyes staring at me after she gobbles up her food.  She really isn’t much of a lady when it comes to eating, I think she doesn’t even taste her food or enjoy it very much.  But now she leaves me alone to eat, even when Aunt Kelly leaves the room, so I think the separate bowls are working out swell.


You know what else is fantastic?  Aunt Kelly’s GIANT backyard…so so so much to explore!  We go outside and Dakota sits on the patio, but not me, there is too much to smell and investigate!  I chased a rabbit out of the flower garden over the weekend, didn’t catch him though.  I blame the tiger lilies for holding me up, without those in my way, I would have totally had that bunny.  And I am 100% certain there are critters living under Aunt Kelly’s storage shed…if only they would come out to play!   



Last night, Aunt Kelly was standing in the front yard talking to her neighbor and I so badly wanted to say hello.  I couldn’t get the gate open though, as hard as I tried.  And let me tell you, I really really tried.  See? 

  
Aunt Kelly didn’t seem very happy with me about that, so the next time she went to talk to a neighbor, I just let myself out of the garage and went with her.  It’s not my fault she didn’t close the door all the way.  Dakota stayed in the garage though, she’s not as brave as me.  I went down to Augustines’ with Aunt Kelly and met Cassie, a very small dog, and her cousin Olive, who is more my size.  Olive tried to play but I was so exhausted from trying to open the gate and the busy exploring during the hot afternoon that I didn’t really want to play.  Maybe another time… 

Sometimes I do miss my family though.  I haven’t had people food in a week now and I’m definitely missing the mac &cheese.  As hard as I try to give her the puppy eyes, Aunt Kelly just doesn’t feed me like Abby & Ella did.  I do get treats quite often, but Beggin’ Strips are just not the same as pancakes and peanut butter sandwiches.   

Well I think it’s time to go to bed soon…it’s so nice of Dakota to share her doggie bed with me.  Until Aunt Kelly goes to bed that is, because then it’s so nice of Aunt Kelly to share her bed!
 
Life is good.   

Cheers! 
Duke

Comments (1)

On August 21, 2010 at 5:04 PM , Unknown said...

How cute! I always love stories from the animal's perspective. Glad things are going well. Seriously - the offer always stands to watch them if you really need someone ;)