Posted by Jess
11 September 2010

The Japanese like to add, um... "different" flavors to their desserts.  We've decided to start trying out the different kinds of ice cream we can find.  Here are the two from dinner tonight:




#1 Green Tea Flavored Ice Cream
My reaction: "This tastes like seaweed"
Jason's reaction: "This is really tea-y, but not bad"

It was a really unnatural color of green though.  It reminded me of Kryptonite.  I clearly, was not a fan.



#2 Salty Butter Biscuit
My reaction: "This tastes kind of like a ritz cracker or something"
Jason's reaction: "It's like the sugar cone is in the ice cream"

Fairly benign ice cream, more my style - just vanilla with a few little pieces of cookie-type stuff in it and some salt.  We expected it to be saltier though - there seems to be a lot of salt in everything here.   One of my friends told me its because it is manly here to like salt.  It is not manly to like sweets.  So guys get salty desserts while girls are allowed to order ice cream sundaes.  He also said he sometimes asks his wife to order an ice cream sundae for him :) 

We'll do more posts as we try some new kinds.  We have a few more in the freezer to check out.

In other news, Jason is thinking of becoming a hand model.  What do you think?  We think he's channeling J.P. Prewitt in these photos.

Kanpai!
Jess

Comments (1)

On September 11, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Stacy Thomas said...

Too funny...I just interviewed with Haagen-Dazs this week!!